18 April 2017
FF Deputy John Brassil urging parents to use online passport site.
Post Offices are fighting for their very survival and we have public representitives asking people to use the online Passport site, regardless of the reasons by the deputy!
Another hit to the post office by FF.
Below we have 8 things you can do to support your local Post Offices
9 THINGS WE COULD DO TO SUPPORT OUR POST OFFICES!
1. Collect our children's allowance or any other social welfare payments paid through the post office.
This is the single biggest thing we can do for postmasters.
50% of people are getting payments through the bank while paying banking fees, you are being forced to pay to your money in the bank! Post office is free.
2. Cancel your direct debits and pay your bills at the post office, your Post Master is their for you and to help in any way.
3. Save TV stamps for your TV licence whenever you visit the post office and when it's due for renewal buy it there.
4. Licence your dogs at the post office
5. If you are an AIB customer you can withdraw up to €600 a day cash and lodge any amount of cash at your local post office.
6. Buy your lotto and phone top ups at the post office
7. Save for a rainy day by opening savings accounts for yourself and your kids and save small amounts regularly.
8. Get your car or house insurance through Post Insurance by giving your details to your local postmaster (they'll enter you into a draw for a €20,000 Opel Astra regardless of whether you buy or not), so that you can get a quote. If the quote is good for you, go with it and you can pay the bill at the post office once a month instead of having to come up with a big lump of money all at once if that suits you better.
9. Get your Passport through your local Post Office!